Presbyterian Women (PW) is an independent organization within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) of more than 300,000 women. The programming and resource options for the organization offer a variety of ways for women to live out their faith in an inclusive, caring community.
Purpose of Presbyterian Women
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study
- to support the mission of the church worldwide
- to work for justice and peace, and
- to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
The Magazine for Presbyterian Women
Horizons magazine provides information, inspiration and education from the perspectives of women who are committed to Christ, the church and faithful discipleship. Resources for Presbyterian Women in Horizons magazine:
- January/February – Birthday Offering recipients, annual Horizons index
- March/April – Installation service for church leaders
- July/August – Thank Offering (including Health Ministries) recipients
- November/December – Fellowship of the Least Coin, Celebrate the Gifts of Women insert