Application deadline extended to July 23!
Presbytery of the Peaks Youth Council is a unique way for 9th – 12th graders to gain valuable leadership skills, learn more about the Presbyterian Church (USA), get to know other youth from the Presbytery and serve the church in an important and challenging way.
Presbytery of the Peaks Youth Council meets five (5) times a year. Extra meetings are called as the need arises. Transportation to the meetings is the responsibility of the members.
The Council ordinarily consists of 18 youth and nine adults. It is preferred to have only two Youth Council members from a particular church.
Presbytery of the Peaks Youth Council is responsible for:
- Planning and implementing weekend retreats and events for Senior Highs and Middle School youth
- Planning the Presbytery-wide youth events so they are balanced in worship, recreation, fellowship and study.
Youth who serve on the Presbytery Youth Council must:
- Be an active member in their local church and youth activities
- Be a 9th – 12th grader and able to serve a 2-year term or until graduation
- Be an exemplary role model to other youth
- Be willing to make Youth Council a priority in their schedules and be very regular in attendance to meetings and events.